Saturday, July 04, 2009

Resolution Update

Hi!

It's been over a month since my last resolution update, so here it is: Not much has changed on the first three.

1) Get back into martial arts as a family activity.
2) Successfully complete my courses at Thunderbird.
3) Establish better communication with friends and family.

I think our martial arts training will improve once Brandi's foot/ankle heals and she's ready to train again. My next Thunderbird course starts on Monday, so the August update should at least have something new. I haven't kept up my blog posting as faithfully as I'd intended, but do believe that Facebook has helped fulfill the spirit of the resolution. The fourth resolution is where there has been the biggest difference.

4) Establish and maintain good exercise and financial habits.

Ever since I started getting serious about getting in shape I've been feeling a lot better. I'm down to around 180 pounds and feel a lot better. I'd still like to lose 10-15 more, but it's a great start. The key has been to limit eating that isn't caused by hunger. I wrote about wasting food last month, so I won't repeat myself. Suffice it to say that eating better and eating less has been great!

On another note... I proposed to Brandi twelve years ago tonight, under the fireworks...at McDonald's. Okay, it wasn't the most romantic location, but everything else was perfect. Every decision affects our lives in some way, but some more profoundly than others. I'm so glad she decided to say "Yes!"

Happy Independence Day! Let us not forget that our "Founding Fathers" were just a bunch of insurgent terrorists to King George III.

Take care!
Matt

No comments: