Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dunkin' Donuts in Chile

I'm not normally one to criticize differences in other countries, but I'm going to have to make an exception in this case. This morning I went to a Dunkin' Donuts in Santiago:



I was really excited to get coffee there because most of the coffee I'd been drinking was more like espresso and was served in small cups. I wanted a Dunkin' BIG ONE! The first sign that things weren't going to be like in the States was the fact that it didn't open until 7:30. This would be unthinkable in New England as most DDs in the Boston area probably make most of their daily revenue before that time. I was a bit early, but I didn't want to give up, so I took a few pictures of the surrounding area:





When I finally got in, which was around 7:45, I ordered a "cafe grande" but that caused some confusion. They didn't really have "cafe regular." They had cappuccino and espresso. What I ended up getting was a "cappuccino grande" for CLP 1380 (around $2.25):



It tastes (since I'm still drinking it) just like all the rest of the coffee I've gotten here, which is not what I expected. Overall, I love the food here! I really enjoyed the French restaurant we visited for dinner last night, but the coffee leaves much to be desired...

No comments: