Sunday, February 08, 2009

February Resolution Update

Hi!

I thought I'd take the time to give an update on my New Year's Resolutions... According to my post on 1/1/9, my resolutions are:

  • Get back into martial arts as a family activity.
  • Successfully complete my courses at Thunderbird.
  • Establish better communication with friends and family.
  • Establish and maintain good exercise and financial habits.

    The first one, I'd say, is complete. I have gotten back into martial arts and it is a family activity. I'm really happy with how things are going with S&H, at Intel, and in Kenpo. In fact, just last night I started blogging on the Arizona Kenpo Club blog.

    The second one is on-going. I'll be leaving for Santiago two weeks from today and will have a paper due four weeks from today. I'm sure there will be posts related to the trip, even if they're just to share pictures.

    My intent for the third resolution was to post regularly to my blog. My goal was four times per week. This means that I should have made at least 22 posts in the past five-and-a-half weeks. I've made 25, so I think I'm on track for that.

    The fourth resolution is somewhat related to the first, but I've also been using our Wii Fit to record most days. My goal is to record some exercise every day and I've been pretty consistent. I miss a day now and then, but mostly that's because the Wii Fit won't allow you to record time for any day but the current day.

    The fourth resolution is also related to finances. Brandi and I started using YNAB (You Need A Budget) software and really find it helpful. Brandi has done most of the work in setting it up, but it'll only be effective if we both buy-in to the concept. So far, so good...

    I'll post another update in a month or so...

    Take care!
    Matt
  • No comments: