Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting Serious

Hi!

Okay, I'm getting serious about my fourth resolution. The main reason I've had trouble exercising is because I'm overweight and the additional stress that puts on my back makes is really hard to be consistent. I need to lose weight.

Brandi and I are going to a place called Natural Weight for Optimized Living. Basically, it's a doctor-assisted low-calorie system that helps people lose weight and establish healthy eating habits to maintain it. My problem is that I eat in waves. I'll get really hungry, then eat WAAAY too much. I need to learn to smooth it out and not eat too much at once.

I currently weigh just over 200 pounds. My goal is 165, but if I'm really able to start exercising then my muscle mass will probably be too high for 165. We'll see. All I know is that 200 is way too much, and carrying around that much is hard on my back. I'll post a resolution update in another month or so (not much has changed with the others) and that'll include an update on this, too.

Thanks,
Matt

No comments: