Sunday, March 22, 2009

2009 Arizona Renaissance Festival

Hi!

Brandi, the kids, and I went to the Arizona Renaissance Festival today. It's always a great time! It was warm, but there was a breeze. Unfortunately, it was occasionally VERY strong and blew up a lot of dust... Here's the main gate:



Brandi will eventually post more pictures of the kids on our SmugMug site, so I'll just write a bit about what we did. First, Jacqueline got her face painted. That's all she'd been talking about since she didn't get to do it last year. Then, we went to the jousting tournament. The jousting itself was kind of a let down, though I enjoyed the skills competition leading up to it. Here's a video:



We ate here and there all day; I had several pickles. In years past, one could get artichokes. I love artichokes! I would have preferred artichokes, but the pickles were excellent! Jacqueline wanted to ride on the long slide around the tower, so I went up with her. I got some great pictures of the grounds through the tower windows:






Eventually, we found the greyhounds at Fairhaven. There, we ran into Julia Sayre, P4 Area Governor, practicing her Toastmasters skills explaining the virtues of greyhound adoption. Here's a picture of her answering one of my daughter Jacqueline's many questions:



We walked around a bit more, ate a bit more, and left at around 5:00pm. It's an expensive day, though mostly becuase we buy so much stuff for the kids. It would be a LOT cheaper to hire a baby-sitter so Brandi and I could go on our own, but part of the fun is to do things as a family. Maybe next year we'll do both...

Take care!
Matt

No comments: