Saturday, August 01, 2009

August Resolution Update

Hi!

It's been a month since my last update, so here's another:

1) Get back into martial arts as a family activity. The TKD school where we started training has been in flux for a little while. Brandi's injury is still preventing her from training, but the school is starting to get organized and we're seeing some positive developments. The curriculum is being clarified and documented, and the class structure is being standardized. This is a very good thing.

2) Successfully complete my courses at Thunderbird. My Global Financial Management course is finishing its fourth week (out of seven) and is going well. I need to do some work on a team assignment tonight. So far, so good...

3) Establish better communication with friends and family. I've been slacking on my blog, but have done a better job with Facebook, Twitter, and my web site.

4) Establish and maintain good exercise and financial habits. My weight loss efforts continue to pay off. I'm down to 167 pounds, more than 35 pounds less than what I was two months ago. I have a health check at work next week and will get a body fat percentage measurement then. I plan to continue to focus on losing body fat, but won't worry too much about the number on the scale. I've started physical therapy where Brandi's been going and expect that will help improve my exercise habits...

By next month, I should have more to write about TKD and Thunderbird.

Thanks,
Matt

No comments: