Sunday, August 09, 2009

Coffee: Mocha Java

Hi!

I ran out of Rainforest Blend, so I was back at Whole Foods this morning. This time I went with a medium roast called "Mocha Java." Rather than write everything down, I figured I'd just bring my camera and take a picture of the sign:



It's still kind of hard to read, so I'll interpret: "Lush and syrupy with notes of black cherries, chocolate, and sweet spices. Our classic and utterly delicious interpretation of the world's first and most famous coffee blend." The picture of the beans came out better:



Same brewing rules apply: four tablespoons of beans, ground right before brewing, R-O water, Mr. Coffee four-cup maker... Mocha Java does carry a bit of the sweetness promised in the description, and it tastes a lot better than it smells. It's pretty good, but I prefer my coffee to make the kitchen smell great in anticipation of that first cup.

Thanks,
Matt

No comments: