Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Century

Hi!

Martha Elizabeth Higgenbottom, my mother's mother whom I called "Nannie" would have been 100 years old today. She passed away when I was in college, quite a few years after her husband ("Papa"), who would have been 100 last year. I have a greater appreciation for her now than I did when she was alive since she was the best-traveled person I knew. She went went all over the world! Here's a picture of her during what I assume was a trip to Egypt (notice the pyramid in the background):



She mostly traveled by herself. It was her time away from home and her husband's time to himself. She had been a school teacher for many years and took advantage of having summers off. I hope to visit many of the place she did and am still amazed to hear of some of her trips...

Thanks,
Matt

No comments: