Sunday, January 04, 2009

Dad's 64th Birthday

Hi!

My post about cockroaches is going to have to wait because today is my father's 64th birthday. Brandi, the kids, and I got him a gift certificate for a restaurant in downtown Chandler. We figured he can use it before the Oak Ridge Boys concert (for which we got him tickets for Christmas).

My brother, Tad, his wife, Mirela, and their son, Alex, got him a nice frame with a picture of him with Alex and a copy of The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper CD. This is the one with "When I'm Sixty-Four" on it. I'm sure that my brother has been planning this for years, if not decades.

We met at Marie Calendar's for pie. (They had a large, late lunch and weren't interested in dinner.) It worked out well. Here's a video of our singing:



He's done a lot in his 64 years and has plans to do a lot more. Here's to many more, Pop, we love you!

Thanks,
Matt

No comments: