Monday, January 12, 2009

Nintendo Wii

Hi!

When I was a kid, playing video games all day meant cramped legs, a strained neck, and sore thumbs. My times have changed! Here's a video of Joshua playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl on our Nintendo Wii:



He jumps around for hours like this. In the video you can see him wipe his brow and I've seen him practically collapse after a long "battle."

I'm getting a lot out of using the Wii Fit. There's a balance game called "Lotus Focus" that requires me to sit perfectly still for three minutes. I can't sit in the lotus position, but it's still a challenge even with my legs crossed in front of me. The balance board senses if I don't stay still and a loud "CUT!!" lets me know.

The yoga and aerobics are great! Once we get back to martial arts training (more on this tomorrow), we'll have to find a way to work them all in but it'll be worth it. The Wii Fit is fun and it's unlike any video game I've ever played...I actually feel like I accomplish something by playing it!

Take care!
Matt

No comments: