Saturday, January 03, 2009

I Love My Kids!

Hi!

This may seem like something that doesn't need saying, but here it goes: I love my kids! I don't just mean in the parental way, but I really do love being around them. My seven-year old son, Joshua, is a great kid! Since we got our Wii for Christmas, he's spent a LOT of time playing it. I love that he cares enough to be frustrated...and enough to keep trying until he gets it. Sometimes, his mom or I will help him, but I know he prefers to do it on his own. This morning, he and I were playing an Avatar game. I get bored with the game rather quickly, but don't get bored watching his excitement as we work together toward common goals.

My five-year old daughter, Jacqueline, is also a great kid! She's VERY active wants to be a singer/dancer when she grows up. (These are two skills she most definitely will NOT inherit from her father.) Here's a video of her showing off her new Kung Fu Panda headband.



She likes to make up songs and perform them in front of friends and family. Not casually, though, she wants it to be a big production. I'll have to start recording those for YouTube posting, too.

Being a father is a lot of work. I try do right by my kids. I'm not perfect, but they know I'm trying. When I mess up, I apologize. I don't think pretending to be perfect is setting the right example, so I'll just be human...and I'll love them for being human, too.

Take care!
Matt

No comments: